Application for a Part-Time Sales Position
We are super excited to let you know that Trouvé is now hiring! Trouvé stands for the imagination, for all things beautiful and for the hand of the artist made visible. We are looking for folks to help with our mission to keep this world interesting and full of heart and so if you are truly passionate about art and design, and enjoy sharing that passion with our customers then please consider working with us. Our ideal candidate will provide customers exceptional personal service, both in-store and (occasionally) via phone / email. A successful Customer Associate will build customer relationships, and ensure our merchandise is stocked and beautifully arranged. Assistance in the overall shop-keeping (aka beautifying) is required, too. At this time we are only able to provide part time employment.
- Retail experience.
- A vibrant personality, an efficient nature, and natural warmth with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service.
- Ability to multitask while being attentive to customers.
- Flexibility to adapt to the needs of the business.
- Strong communication skills.
- A proactive approach to developing a clientele - both personally and for the store team, specifically to be able to make connections with customers, interpret what people need, and give suggestions on products.
- Dependability regarding attendance and punctuality.
- Great organization and computer skills, must know Excel.
- Sell - of course!
- Manage merchandise
- Develop relationships with artists, reorder when stock is low, research new products.
- Communicate with owner daily about store sales, customer service, and product needs.
- Maintain mailing lists, as well as monitoring Social Media (Instagram and Facebook).
We offer a relaxed but sophisticated atmosphere in our centrally located shop that has been open for six years in the heart of Fairfax.
Our mission includes fostering a culturally rich environment through supporting local artists and holding legendary special events that will include your contributions.
We are offering an hourly base commensurate with experience, plus commissions.
All hires will undergo a three month trial period after which compensation will be adjusted.